The stars are in our belly; the Milky Way our umbilicus.
Is it a consolation that the stuff of which we’re made
is star-stuff too?
– That wherever you go you can never fully disappear –
dispersal only: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen.
Tree, rain, coal, glow-worm, horse, gnat, rock.
Friday, 20 January 2012
Intimacy post no 3: addendum
At a cost; mostly to others. Does that therefore negate it?
Or does authenticity score higher than keeping others safe (but in the dark) at the cost of being truly truthful?
What does compassion mean in these circumstances?
I'm talking of course of Kureishi's Intimacy.
Can I say, truthfully, myself, that it's better to live a lie and protect others, than be truthful to oneself at all costs?
'To thine own self be true,' said WS. 'Thou canst not then be false to any man.'
'Everything you want is at the other side of fear,' said someone called Jack Canfield.
- ► 2017 (45)
- ► 2016 (88)
- ► 2015 (78)
- ► 2014 (123)
- ► 2013 (157)
- there is only the dance
- big sky mind
- tempus, fugiting
- weather differentials
- one small amazing fact...
- Earth Ages, change and pockets of turbulence
- puffins on Staffa
- this shifting land that is our life
- Intimacy post no 3: addendum
- Mario Petrucci's 'Letters to Ukraine' (12)
- ps to Kureishi's 'Intimacy' (yesterday's blog)
- brief book blog: 3 on intimacy
- elephant, amnesia and ant holes... or 'don't give ...
- The T S Eliot prize, John Burnside & black cat bon...
- at the still point, there the dance is
- were we only white birds
- the act but not the perpetrator
- ... in order to see clearly...
- breaking the glass
- a dream built block by hand-made block dissolving
- on anger
- Thresholds 2012 (day retreat)
- 'The Peace of Wild Things' (Wendell Berry poem)
- 'sound when stretched is music'
- flowers, holy wells, da Vinci's 7 principles, and ...
- Sennen Cove (poem)
- ▼ January (26)
- ► 2011 (284)