from BARDO

The stars are in our belly; the Milky Way our umbilicus.

Is it a consolation that the stuff of which we’re made

is star-stuff too?


– That wherever you go you can never fully disappear –

dispersal only: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen.


Tree, rain, coal, glow-worm, horse, gnat, rock.


Roselle Angwin

Monday 28 November 2011

Towards Daybreak

Two owls
speaking across the dark
day glides towards us
like this mist across the water meadows

glances on
that lone sheep
insubstantial as a thought

nudges the new
witch hazel
towards its heart-of-winter
blossoming

I think
how it is that we might
pass a whole life
seeking a light we once thought
outside us

when all the time
it is within




2 comments:

  1. What a lovely blog you have! I'd +1 most of the posts, but I - and you - would probably be banned by Google, because some algorithm in its computer brain would suspect us of cheating :-)

    Instead I think I'll just read what I can and leave a comment here and there. It's a shame that there are no more, but I suppose the only thing one can do about *that* is ... start doing it oneself.

    And this is a start.

    Best,

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris what a lovely comment. That made me smile on a wet morning... A big thank you. Roselle

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive