The stars are in our belly; the Milky Way our umbilicus.
Is it a consolation that the stuff of which we’re made
is star-stuff too?
– That wherever you go you can never fully disappear –
dispersal only: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen.
Tree, rain, coal, glow-worm, horse, gnat, rock.
Friday, 4 November 2011
- ► 2017 (68)
- ► 2016 (88)
- ► 2015 (78)
- ► 2014 (123)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (199)
- fire in the head course programme
- Towards Daybreak
- 'The mystery of love is greater than the mystery o...
- everywhere is Walden Pond
- from 'Requiem'
- lolloping around the universe scarcely knowing who...
- 'the wind can have my caution'
- from the rainblack ash
- the waters of the world
- the edge is what I have
- shed skin
- diamond sutra: lightning in a summer cloud
- where I go out
- the news from here in just over 200 words
- the music of the spheres
- snipe: that 13-line sonnet
- Mario Petrucci's 'Letters to Ukraine'
- mirror poems
- scientific truth, symbolic truth, venus and mercur...
- the dark of the year
- ▼ November (22)