from BARDO

The stars are in our belly; the Milky Way our umbilicus.

Is it a consolation that the stuff of which we’re made

is star-stuff too?


– That wherever you go you can never fully disappear –

dispersal only: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen.


Tree, rain, coal, glow-worm, horse, gnat, rock.


Roselle Angwin

Wednesday 30 November 2011

fire in the head course programme

Today I'm cheating and posting details of my forthcoming events, in the hopes that any of you near enough might need a shot of inspiration; or any of you at a distance might decide you want to dedicate a half-year to strengthening your poetry or starting to knock that novel into shape via a correspondence course.

Or you might want to take me up on my book offer – Christmas presents?? And of course I'd love it if you mentioned any of this to writing friends, or friends interested in the human potential movement (this is as close as I can get to labelling the workshops that are not specifically just writing, but more to do with psychospirituality and consciousness)...

I’ve listed the workshops under weekly sessions, day courses, residentials and correspondence courses. I’ve postponed the two scheduled for late November and early December this year (see bottom) because of a family bereavement; they’ll be rescheduled for some time next year. Please keep an eye on the website – address below – as I’ll be updating it frequently as new events are scheduled. All details should be there soon (use the drop-down menus).

You’ll see too my radio slot; and at the bottom a book offer.


Radio

Weekly sessions
  • Poetry School I’ve been working with a wonderful and dynamic group of poets in Exeter, Devon on a Monday night this term. You can sign up for the new 10-week term in January (beg. 9th, 7-9pm) at www.poetryschool.com, or tel: 0207 582 1679. The group is a mix of new and experienced poets, and we base our sessions on the Staying Alive anthology. Do join us!

Day courses
  • Ground of Being on Dartmoor at Merrivale, solstices and equinoxes: these happen (assuming I’m not iced-in!) 4 times a year all day on a Sunday. We walk and write slowly and in silence under my guidance, share some of this writing, and go out no matter what the weather. Next two: December 18; March 18. Bookings needed asap! See website
  • Thresholds the 19th year of this course! Writing as a tool to explore what your creative heart and your soul need for the coming year: how have you been treating this wild and precious life? Nr Totnes; Saturday 21 January (again, ice permitting). Details on website soon
  • Poetry Walk come and walk round Hope Cove and Bolt Tail with me for the local AONB, and then write bright moments from it... Sunday March 25, 1pm-4.30pm – only £4 (£2 children). Book with me but see more on www.southdevonaonb.org.uk

Residentials
  • Islands of the Heart Isle of Iona, April: this retreat is now full with a waiting list. I’m considering an eco-writing retreat later in the year on Iona or Mull; we might be ‘roughing it’ a little more than we do at the wonderful Argyll Hotel; if so, it will also be cheaper. Please let me know if you’re interested
  • Zen & Poetry I’m intending to offer this again as a weekend residential at the lovely Barefoot Barn in Chagford on Dartmoor in May. Details soon
  • I am considering some creative writing courses aboard a yacht in Cornwall. More soon

Correspondence courses
  • Elements of Poetry 6 I’m inviting applications now for January-July 2012. This 6-month intensive course has been widely acclaimed.
  • Storymaking (writing a novel) this too is a six-month course, and you can sign up at any time.

Book offer
  • Between now and the solstice, 21 December: Buy any two of Creative Novel Writing, Writing the Bright Moment, Imago (my novel) and Bardo (poems and prose poems), from me direct for £12 plus £3 p&p (UK); or 25% off a single book plus £2 p&p... 
  • And look out for my new poetry collection, All the Missing Names of Love, from IDP next year.

www.fire-in-the-head.co.uk
Twitter: @qualiabird
Facebook: Roselle Angwin
-----

NEW BOOKS:
IMAGO (novel, http://www.indigodreamsbookshop.com/#/roselle-angwin/4548104337)
BARDO (prose poems, http://www.shearsman.com/pages/books/catalog/2011/angwin.html)

In a dark time the eye begins to see’: the healing power of writing, Sunday 20 November, nr Totnes POSTPONED

‘If no one speaks of remarkable things’: writing about being alive, Sunday 11 December, nr Totnes POSTPONED

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive