The stars are in our belly; the Milky Way our umbilicus.
Is it a consolation that the stuff of which we’re made
is star-stuff too?
– That wherever you go you can never fully disappear –
dispersal only: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen.
Tree, rain, coal, glow-worm, horse, gnat, rock.
Thursday, 7 February 2013
both singular and plural
Incorrigibly plural,' says Louis MacNeice. 'I peel and portion
A tangerine and spit the pips and feel
The drunkenness of things being various.' (from 'Snow')
Right now, this morning, walking mindfully to compensate for missing meditation, I meet World
through my eyes
through my ears
through this sharp air on my face, the touch of bark and lichen, the dog's rough coat
through the plural scents of countryside and animal, the continents this wind has crossed
the taste of this thawing ice-drop on the thorn twig
through my feet on this good frosty soil, grass spiked white
through all of my skin, clad though I am
through this mind that knows about transience, delusion
through my heart
through my breath that connects across time and space
regardless of my judgements, my evaluations, my distinctions and separations, the stories I tell myself of myself
World just is
- ► 2018 (24)
- ► 2017 (68)
- ► 2016 (88)
- ► 2015 (78)
- ► 2014 (123)
- 'to poison a nation, poison its stories'
- it's Lent! – eleven things to give up in relations...
- a small brown bird
- once more into the nude, dear friends, once more
- islands of the heart retreat
- the hospitality of the senses
- heading for the hills (and the sea)
- V-Day, loving & metta
- new lambs, and 350 poems
- remade by the play of season and weather
- teachings from Dog & Wolf
- both singular and plural
- overwhelm, wakefulness & non-doing
- Imbolc, candlemas & the feminine principle of the ...
- ▼ February (15)
- ► 2012 (199)
- ► 2011 (283)