The stars are in our belly; the Milky Way our umbilicus.
Is it a consolation that the stuff of which we’re made
is star-stuff too?
– That wherever you go you can never fully disappear –
dispersal only: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen.
Tree, rain, coal, glow-worm, horse, gnat, rock.
Wednesday, 4 May 2011
LITTORALS: land art & poetry on the beach - workshop
But one of the things I really should be mentioning is my own work. On Sunday 15th May on the beach at Branscombe, Devon, land artist, sculptor, sound artist, friend and collaborator Michael Fairfax and I are leading a day's workshop combining land art with poetry (Michael is responsible for, among other things, the Geoneedle marking the Jurassic coast at Exmouth.) This will be fun and inspiring - and not at all daunting, even for novices in both arts! I'll attempt to post the flier as an image below. With any luck, if you click on it you might get it full size...
NB we've changed the fee from £60 to £50 (ignore the word 'unwaged' which crept in somehow). If you are interested, you can email me via my website or my profile, and I'll let you know what other info you need. I need to know asap - booking deadline next Tuesday, May 10th.
- ► 2017 (45)
- ► 2016 (88)
- ► 2015 (78)
- ► 2014 (123)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (199)
- books of wings
- Elements of Poetry: next course
- wildlife, magpies & panic (incl poem)
- the common bough beneath the surface
- after the strawberries & the woodpecker: Charles W...
- cliffs, strawberries and being awake in the gap......
- enviro-rant (you have been warned)
- Keats & the 'Vale of Soul-making'
- Poem: the watcher behind the windows; Sue Proffitt...
- 'I write' (Charles Wright extract)
- the springs of creativity
- the branscombe day
- social media, stellar time and Rippon Tor
- blue boat 2
- Poetry: resisting the intelligence; shirt tails; a...
- poem: going into the meadow after the retreat
- a tree full of birds: what stories do we need?
- this spring rain: politics and a prose poem
- George Monbiot; and the Dark Mountain project
- bicarb and lemon juice
- like a kite on air: Jane Spiro (poem)
- LITTORALS: land art & poetry on the beach - worksh...
- YES to AV
- the spaces of the heart 2: Chris Drury's land art
- the spaces of the heart 1: Rumi
- reluctantly part of the political machinery
- a Beltane blog (inc poem)
- ▼ May (31)