from BARDO

The stars are in our belly; the Milky Way our umbilicus.

Is it a consolation that the stuff of which we’re made

is star-stuff too?


– That wherever you go you can never fully disappear –

dispersal only: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen.


Tree, rain, coal, glow-worm, horse, gnat, rock.


Roselle Angwin

Wednesday 15 December 2010

the kissing stone

In my newness to blogging, for some unknown (to my conscious mind) reason, I originally inserted what was a completely content-irrelevant image into the frame at the bottom. I've shifted its place, and now I'll make it slightly more relevant!

OK, the kissing stone (below). Errr, it was a lateral choice - I just like it. It amuses me. I like imagining that people since megalithic times - since it appears in one of the megalithic stone rows in the Carnac area of Brittany - have also smiled to see it. It reminds me of a very happy holiday with three of my very favourite people: my daughter, plus friends Francis and Hanneke - one of those holidays that is characterised by laughter. And plus I have a bit of a thing about megalithic sites (I'm leading a Ground of Being ecobardic day workshop this Sunday at a significant megalithic site on Dartmoor, if the snow holds off long enough). And hey since I don't have a budgerigar...

And yes I promise I will write about writing soon. I just have to dig that braincell out of hibernation (it's in revolt against a truly unpleasant head-cold), flagellate it with some porridge, and promise it a walk first...

1 comment:

  1. You should always flagellate with porridge. Thanks for that R quite made my morning

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive