The stars are in our belly; the Milky Way our umbilicus.
Is it a consolation that the stuff of which we’re made
is star-stuff too?
– That wherever you go you can never fully disappear –
dispersal only: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen.
Tree, rain, coal, glow-worm, horse, gnat, rock.
Thursday, 21 November 2013
this tonight is happiness
What you can't hear is the sea, wind and hail outside, or the fire inside (or the bum notes I was making earlier).
What you can't see is the dog close by, and my grin.
What you can't smell, or taste, is a good tomato and garlic sauce cooking for my pasta.
Those are enormous violets, and little wild roses from a huge hedge colony (no, I wouldn't normally pick wild flowers but I can't tell you about the synchronicity), grown outside in the West Cornwall micro-climate, in November.
Today, a few pages and an outline under my belt – this is The Book I've been not writing for years – and oh just a couple of poems.
However, I seem to have mislaid my intention to find a glass of wine. Oh and wait – I've mislaid the wine. Oh well.
And yes indeed, I know how very fortunate and blessed I am... I don't ever take that for granted.
- ► 2017 (58)
- ► 2016 (88)
- ► 2015 (78)
- ► 2014 (123)
- snake medicine
- 'in the time of no time' (haibun)
- goddesses - or how to break the patterns
- apples, Eve and selflessness (not)
- this tonight is happiness
- deep homing
- hiss or kiss?
- connecting principles, symbolic systems & astrolog...
- the sealskin
- for anyone who fears that their somewhere is nowhe...
- that under-estimated thistle: the artichoke
- the winged messenger flying backwards
- Darkness is not yet all around (poem)
- ▼ November (14)
- ► 2012 (199)
- ► 2011 (284)