The stars are in our belly; the Milky Way our umbilicus.
Is it a consolation that the stuff of which we’re made
is star-stuff too?
– That wherever you go you can never fully disappear –
dispersal only: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen.
Tree, rain, coal, glow-worm, horse, gnat, rock.
Monday, 5 December 2016
there is only
... 'space is an extension of your body'... and truer perhaps our bodies are an extension of space ...
... there is only the dance. this morning when i retrieved the birdfeeders washed them hung them away from rat cat squirrel the gang waited in the willow tree and took all of three seconds to raid the feeders. then robin followed dog and I back into the house... this dance ... in the heart of the flames so many ways to find joy.
... there is the dance of heart to heart. there is the dance of breath to breath. there is the dance of body to body.
... there is the dance we call love ...
... and my friend yesterday telling me he'd given all of himself to her, and she'd spurned it. i gave her my soul, he said
and i drew breath. – giving away your soul? – pocketful of mumbles, such are promises ... do you think it's loving to give away your soul? what if such a 'gift' is not a gift but a burden ... make yourself free if you want to love her, i say. reclaim your life, invite back your soul, and see her. really see her. be free to love her because you love yourself too ...
... if we cannot love our self we cannot love another ...
... so that is a dance.
here now i claim my own axis again, throw off the weighty coat of the world, look to seagull in the grey sky, in this moment, this dance that is all there is ...
- a bit more for animals
- Lost Species poem 10: Matt Merritt
- Lost Species poem 9: Harry Owen
- Lost Species poem 8: Lindsay MacGregor
- winter solstice poem
- Lost Species poem 7: Simon Stanley
- Lost Species poem 6: Lesley Quayle
- Lost Species poem 5: Mark Totterdell
- Lost Species poem 4: Andie Lewenstein
- Lost Species poem 3: Victoria Field
- Lost species poem 2: Rachael Clyne
- Fire in the Head & The Wild Ways 2017
- Lost Species poem 1: Kathleen Jones
- there is only
- 3 things
- ▼ December (15)
- ► 2015 (78)
- ► 2014 (123)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (199)
- ► 2011 (284)