The stars are in our belly; the Milky Way our umbilicus.
Is it a consolation that the stuff of which we’re made
is star-stuff too?
– That wherever you go you can never fully disappear –
dispersal only: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen.
Tree, rain, coal, glow-worm, horse, gnat, rock.
Wednesday, 16 October 2013
seals at Sennen
And, just in case it seems like I've done nothing for the past few weeks except swan around in stunningly beautiful places, I'd like to say – that's right. Though there has occasionally been a little work thrown in; and today Jenny and I are really truly going to be starting that poetry-and-printmaking project we've been speaking of for three or four years, down at Marazion Marshes, by the causeway to St Michael's Mount.
Oh, it's a hard life...
- ► 2017 (68)
- ► 2016 (88)
- ► 2015 (78)
- ► 2014 (123)
- samhain + poem fragment
- autumn rain, dusk
- wherever you go... being awake
- reindeer's piss & fly agaric
- poetry: tracking a wild animal
- hunter-gatherer & settler part 2: the emergence of...
- the nomad & the settler: foraging & harvesting; th...
- seals at Sennen
- what am I meditating for?
- back on the badger trail
- national poetry day
- images of the soul: the branscombe day
- ▼ October (15)
- ► 2012 (199)
- ► 2011 (283)