The stars are in our belly; the Milky Way our umbilicus.
Is it a consolation that the stuff of which we’re made
is star-stuff too?
– That wherever you go you can never fully disappear –
dispersal only: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen.
Tree, rain, coal, glow-worm, horse, gnat, rock.
Friday, 16 August 2013
two things that are important in a poem...
- ► 2016 (88)
- ► 2015 (78)
- ► 2014 (123)
- the darkness around us is deep
- tongues of autumn lapping at the land
- The Burning Ground
- walking away
- southwest coastpath walks & books: the world's bes...
- august rising from the ground in mist
- Guest blog: 'why GM sticks in the gut', Mario Petr...
- two things that are important in a poem...
- the women's room
- home wherever you are...
- Longstone, Merrivale (plus poem)
- digging up the bones
- ▼ August (12)
- ► 2012 (199)
- ► 2011 (284)