The stars are in our belly; the Milky Way our umbilicus.
Is it a consolation that the stuff of which we’re made
is star-stuff too?
– That wherever you go you can never fully disappear –
dispersal only: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen.
Tree, rain, coal, glow-worm, horse, gnat, rock.
Thursday, 14 March 2013
Stand still. The trees ahead and bushes beside you
Are not lost. Wherever you are is called Here,
And you must treat it as a powerful stranger,
Must ask permission to know it and be known.
The forest breathes. Listen. It answers,
I have made this place around you,
If you leave it you may come back again, saying Here.
No two trees are the same to Raven.
No two branches are the same to Wren.
If what a tree or a bush does is lost on you,
You are surely lost. Stand still. The forest knows
Where you are. You must let it find you.
~ David Wagoner ~
- ► 2018 (32)
- ► 2017 (68)
- ► 2016 (88)
- ► 2015 (78)
- ► 2014 (123)
- Eostre: the lady, the hare and fertility
- being intimate with self other tree hill cloud &c
- 'the law of continuing'
- writing the bright moment in France
- the world, rolling in ecstasy
- back home in west penwith
- equinox, dawn, from West Penwith
- from the ragbag
- 'the animal shall not be measured by man'
- periwinkle, the orbit of venus & fibonnaci
- as always, right here, right now
- ▼ March (12)
- ► 2012 (199)
- ► 2011 (283)