The stars are in our belly; the Milky Way our umbilicus.
Is it a consolation that the stuff of which we’re made
is star-stuff too?
– That wherever you go you can never fully disappear –
dispersal only: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen.
Tree, rain, coal, glow-worm, horse, gnat, rock.
Friday, 25 January 2013
wild boar 11
He's really captured the wild boar quality, I think – this one is so alive I can practically hear the grunts. Thank you, Michael, for permission to reproduce this fine fellow.
And the book is now up on Blurb: http://www.blurb.co.uk/b/4019081-the-polden-pig
The illustrations are something else! If you have a youngster in the family, they might like this...
- ► 2016 (88)
- ► 2015 (78)
- ► 2014 (123)
- dipping into the ragbag
- a little matter of relationship
- wild boar 11
- wild boar
- naturally we will turn giddy (on visionquest & sol...
- 15 Things You Could Give Up To Be Happy
- holding it all lightly
- dark forest 11: climbing down the roots of the tre...
- moments of glory
- shadow and ambiguity in poetry
- soup and the sublime
- waking up in the dark
- ▼ January (14)
- ► 2012 (199)
- ► 2011 (284)