The stars are in our belly; the Milky Way our umbilicus.
Is it a consolation that the stuff of which we’re made
is star-stuff too?
– That wherever you go you can never fully disappear –
dispersal only: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen.
Tree, rain, coal, glow-worm, horse, gnat, rock.
Thursday, 1 March 2012
dydd gwyl dewi sant*
*(St David's day) (actually I'm guessing at the Welsh)
- ► 2016 (88)
- ► 2015 (78)
- ► 2014 (123)
- ► 2013 (157)
- framed by brightness: a cleave poem
- the calm of stones
- all the missing names of love
- the flash of a firefly
- fingernail moon and chip oil dilemmas
- Islands of the Heart
- poetry & Zen retreat in bluebell time
- vernal equinox poem
- the return of the light, Persephone & the Divine A...
- red sandstone and sombre angels
- plant spirit medicine
- the light that accrues
- Ground of Being
- reasons for jubilation
- springing the trap
- dydd gwyl dewi sant*
- ▼ March (16)
- ► 2011 (284)