The stars are in our belly; the Milky Way our umbilicus.
Is it a consolation that the stuff of which we’re made
is star-stuff too?
– That wherever you go you can never fully disappear –
dispersal only: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen.
Tree, rain, coal, glow-worm, horse, gnat, rock.
Thursday, 17 March 2011
REFUGEE CRISIS IN JAPAN - URGENT
R posts: 'Internet time about to run out, but this is critical. From E at the frontline of the disaster in Japan... writing in haste and with passion. Whatever you might do to help, please do it, and urge those around you to do the same':
currently in fukushima city there are 1200 spaces in shelter. there are 6000 refugees. they have nothing to heat it with. it's minus 2 and snowing.
minami sanruku, endai, there are 500 spaces in shelter,6000 need shelter, it's minus 3
in ofutama, iwate there are 350 spaces in shelters and 40,000 need shelter. it's minus 5.
buses are shipping more people from evacuated areas to places like .....fukushima city. fukushima city is about 80km of the nasty reactor...
people have run out of gasoline and fuel for heating and cooking.
children are getting sick, chest infections are spreading, some women with babies have stopped lactating.
all this is direct from the ER response teams, not the mainstream press.
yes, there is a possible impending nuclear issue.
but the very real and happening refugee issue needs to be addressed as well.
i'm not harping for donations and bleeding hearts at all, but while the world watches the reactor there's several other impending issues not being reported it seems.
- ► 2017 (45)
- ► 2016 (88)
- ► 2015 (78)
- ► 2014 (123)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (199)
- lochs, lochans, islands, sea
- the blue boat
- megalith sutra
- green things, merrivale again, & calling everywher...
- census TAKE TWO: arms, rocks and hard places - is ...
- census: arms, rocks and hard places - the answer?
- her birdsong and her cage: Brian King
- equinox, & the light has come such a long way...
- things to be up in arms about
- the ragbag blog: cargo cults, mindfulness, still n...
- REFUGEE CRISIS IN JAPAN - URGENT
- dashes of sunlight that slip through the trees
- These are the days
- the rips in Indra's Net
- quantum sutra
- earthquakes, tsunamis, heavy water & disaster pers...
- among the disappearing stars
- on poetry (and sickbags, canoes and zebra bowls)
- An Struibh Broín: Julie-Ann Rowell
- intertidal zones
- where the sea thins to green glass
- Learning the Language
- hanging five or taking five
- rainforests and fishing lines (the practice of wri...
- She wonders if she's losing it: Lyn Browne
- The Pyrenees, the Cathars and Imago: part 3
- ▼ March (27)