from BARDO

The stars are in our belly; the Milky Way our umbilicus.

Is it a consolation that the stuff of which we’re made

is star-stuff too?


– That wherever you go you can never fully disappear –

dispersal only: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen.


Tree, rain, coal, glow-worm, horse, gnat, rock.


Roselle Angwin

Thursday 6 January 2022

Prose poems: Driving North; and Reed, Eagle, Monk; & the sacred Isle of Iona

 

This is the first post of the new year – Birch month – and in my mind I've been mulling over all the profound(!) and nature-oriented things I was going to tell you; and tell you I will. Soonish.

But for now, already I'm thinking of my Iona weeks in March and April; it seems so short a time since the September and October weeks I spent up there leading my retreats (for the 21st year, minus 2020), and remembered that I was due to have two prose poems – one about the journey to the Island, one about being there – up on Stride magazine. The prose poem is a form I like very much, and I'm currently gathering my many together for a collection.

You can read these two here, if you'd like to distract yourself for a few minutes:

http://stridemagazine.blogspot.com/2022/01/two-prose-poems-by-roselle-angwin.html






Wishing you all good things, and a healthy, creative and inspiring 2022.





2 comments:

Blog Archive