The stars are in our belly; the Milky Way our umbilicus.
Is it a consolation that the stuff of which we’re made
is star-stuff too?
– That wherever you go you can never fully disappear –
dispersal only: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen.
Tree, rain, coal, glow-worm, horse, gnat, rock.
Friday, 17 May 2013
Jinny's poem in response to 'not writing about spring'
Geese pulling the night
Across the sky
Shoals of starlings
Telling their stories of the day
Silenced now, these songs
By swallows return.
Jinny, thank you. Lovely poem. Really like the strong image of geese 'pulling the night / Across the sky'. Am pleased to reacquaint myself with your work. x
- ► 2016 (88)
- ► 2015 (78)
- ► 2014 (123)
- save our species
- 5 of the best: poems from the Slipstream competiti...
- a notion
- horse medicine
- Jinny's poem in response to 'not writing about spr...
- 'writing the bright moment' - writing retreat in F...
- the stories we reside in when we let ego be king
- bones & blossom
- not writing about spring, again - with request
- how to write about spring?
- brochs, motorways & a few anxieties
- monkey mind (business as usual!)
- trotternish peninsula and the blue men
- ▼ May (13)
- ► 2012 (199)
- ► 2011 (284)