The stars are in our belly; the Milky Way our umbilicus.
Is it a consolation that the stuff of which we’re made
is star-stuff too?
– That wherever you go you can never fully disappear –
dispersal only: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen.
Tree, rain, coal, glow-worm, horse, gnat, rock.
Wednesday, 15 August 2012
the mandorla and poetry
- ► 2016 (88)
- ► 2015 (78)
- ► 2014 (123)
- ► 2013 (157)
- i went out to the hazel wood because a fire was in...
- 'The Heat of the Moment' (George Monbiot)
- Five Rhythms: dance to ecstasy
- where have all the seabirds gone...
- unheimlich (the art of being a stranger)
- earth calling cyberspace
- living & loving from the soul
- the mandorla and poetry
- what is the point?
- clad in rainbows
- my Walden Pond week
- on habit
- young things
- Lughnasadh poem
- lugh & john barleycorn
- ▼ August (20)
- ► 2011 (284)