The stars are in our belly; the Milky Way our umbilicus.
Is it a consolation that the stuff of which we’re made
is star-stuff too?
– That wherever you go you can never fully disappear –
dispersal only: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen.
Tree, rain, coal, glow-worm, horse, gnat, rock.
Wednesday, 8 February 2012
the heart's dark lonely nebula (poem)
- ► 2017 (68)
- ► 2016 (88)
- ► 2015 (78)
- ► 2014 (123)
- ► 2013 (157)
- spirit, soul and the pairs of opposites
- '...and the night came down...'
- fishing boat
- living within our limits, and the forest garden
- the four agreements
- notes from the valley, the Bodhisattva Vow & a bis...
- the artist as spider's web: journaling
- waking up
- ragbag blog: Bere Ferrers, lapwings, toads, Hinkle...
- Her Spine
- Monbiot on social justice and environmentalism
- no language at all
- 'the empty spaces between stars'
- performance poetry: why humour is like a spark plu...
- the heart's dark lonely nebula (poem)
- a year to live... look well therefore to this day
- water sutra, cut-up poems and dark matter
- animals: 'other nations, caught with ourselves'
- west, again
- the returning light, again
- ▼ February (20)
- ► 2011 (284)