The stars are in our belly; the Milky Way our umbilicus.
Is it a consolation that the stuff of which we’re made
is star-stuff too?
– That wherever you go you can never fully disappear –
dispersal only: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen.
Tree, rain, coal, glow-worm, horse, gnat, rock.
Thursday, 15 December 2011
the next military dictatorship
Isn't this one of the criteria by which we recognise military dictatorships in the more brutal regimes?
'"It's something so radical that it would have been considered crazy had it been pushed by the Bush administration," said Tom Malinowski of Human Rights Watch. "It establishes precisely the kind of system that the United States has consistently urged other countries not to adopt. At a time when the United States is urging Egypt, for example, to scrap its emergency law and military courts, this is not consistent."' (The Guardian)
Plus ca change...
- ► 2017 (68)
- ► 2016 (88)
- ► 2015 (78)
- ► 2014 (123)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (199)
- What-are-the-birds-doing-with-the-December-sky rap...
- hiatus, line break, passion, love
- the return of the light
- winter ghosts, synchronicity & David Whyte
- Winter solstice
- merrivale for the midwinter solstice
- in all these moments I make my home
- the next military dictatorship
- the art of conscious relationship
- Word Quest: radio interview
- metaphors and 'the long dark teatime of the soul'
- Andy Brown POETRY
- cursing on the rowan tree
- karma (take 2) (or more)
- wuthering heights
- a rant on being unemployable
- getting out of your own light
- on regeneration
- never too late for redemption
- 'never enough darkness to extinguish a single cand...
- ▼ December (21)