The stars are in our belly; the Milky Way our umbilicus.
Is it a consolation that the stuff of which we’re made
is star-stuff too?
– That wherever you go you can never fully disappear –
dispersal only: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen.
Tree, rain, coal, glow-worm, horse, gnat, rock.
Sunday, 5 June 2011
prose poem: an illusion of molecules
- ► 2017 (68)
- ► 2016 (88)
- ► 2015 (78)
- ► 2014 (123)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (199)
- Elements of Poetry Part 1: poetry & the heart
- the bird of paradise
- the buzzard's feather
- poem: at the edge of the clearing
- Morning Poem
- 'the wind one brilliant day'...
- the greenwood
- Catholicism, transmigration, goats and Le Quattro ...
- merrivale at the summer solstice (poem)
- Radio 4's Poetry Workshop and 13-line sonnets
- cornwall, shark, blue scabious and poetry
- notes from Prussia Cove
- poem: not in our name
- the quiet revolution
- The compass of the heart
- Camino: the way of the wind and the path of the st...
- home is a sweet wild strawberry on the sunny side ...
- prose poem: an illusion of molecules
- poem: your dress whispering its gossip (Simon Stan...
- the wisdom of trees: ash goddesses and oak gods
- ▼ June (20)