The stars are in our belly; the Milky Way our umbilicus.
Is it a consolation that the stuff of which we’re made
is star-stuff too?
– That wherever you go you can never fully disappear –
dispersal only: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen.
Tree, rain, coal, glow-worm, horse, gnat, rock.
Friday, 6 May 2011
George Monbiot; and the Dark Mountain project
Blogger for some unaccountable reason is not allowing me to add two new blog addresses to my 'interesting blogs', and since I think these are really quite important additions, I'll post them here:
Both of these address the issues I too have been working with for 20 years: the environmental changes we need are at least as likely to come by addressing the myths we live by and altering our consciousness from within as from external solutions - which sometimes seem both divisive and impossible to achieve.
Today's posting by George Monbiot ('Our Crushing Dilemmas') explores the work that Paul Kingsnorth does, in part with the Dark Mountain project. With delightful synchronicity I'm going to hear Kingsnorth speak and read later today...
Meantime here's a link to Kingsnorth's latest essay: http://www.dark-mountain.net/wordpress/2011/04/02/the-quants-and-the-poets/
- ► 2017 (68)
- ► 2016 (88)
- ► 2015 (78)
- ► 2014 (123)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (199)
- books of wings
- Elements of Poetry: next course
- wildlife, magpies & panic (incl poem)
- the common bough beneath the surface
- after the strawberries & the woodpecker: Charles W...
- cliffs, strawberries and being awake in the gap......
- enviro-rant (you have been warned)
- Keats & the 'Vale of Soul-making'
- Poem: the watcher behind the windows; Sue Proffitt...
- 'I write' (Charles Wright extract)
- the springs of creativity
- the branscombe day
- social media, stellar time and Rippon Tor
- blue boat 2
- Poetry: resisting the intelligence; shirt tails; a...
- poem: going into the meadow after the retreat
- a tree full of birds: what stories do we need?
- this spring rain: politics and a prose poem
- George Monbiot; and the Dark Mountain project
- bicarb and lemon juice
- like a kite on air: Jane Spiro (poem)
- LITTORALS: land art & poetry on the beach - worksh...
- YES to AV
- the spaces of the heart 2: Chris Drury's land art
- the spaces of the heart 1: Rumi
- reluctantly part of the political machinery
- a Beltane blog (inc poem)
- ▼ May (31)