The stars are in our belly; the Milky Way our umbilicus.
Is it a consolation that the stuff of which we’re made
is star-stuff too?
– That wherever you go you can never fully disappear –
dispersal only: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen.
Tree, rain, coal, glow-worm, horse, gnat, rock.
Wednesday, 26 January 2011
now and forever flowing: the Zenrin
This morning, I give you some couplets from the Zenrin.
There is no place to seek the mind;
It is like the footprints of the birds in the sky.
Sitting quietly, doing nothing,
Spring comes, and the grass grows by itself.
Ride your horse along the edge of a sword;
Hide yourself in the heart of the flames.
Perceiving the sun in the midst of the rain;
Ladling out clear water from the depths of the fire.
Entering the forest he moves not the grass;
Entering the water he makes not a ripple.
Meeting, they laugh and laugh –
The forest grove, the many fallen leaves!
- ► 2017 (68)
- ► 2016 (88)
- ► 2015 (78)
- ► 2014 (123)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (199)
- this earth which is a star
- inner city Totnes and the Shamen
- an imagined life: 1
- facing both ways: abellio and boa
- sennen cove
- Ardnamurchan Point, Wester Ross
- now and forever flowing: the Zenrin
- the precise timing of a sideways glance: Jennie Os...
- beyond the gloss of things
- quanta + qualia = 'me' (or 'you' 'him' 'her' 'us')...
- a squall of grief or wonder: Elisabeth Rowe
- poetry's not a narcotic
- 'language' poetry & the shipping forecast
- holy wells & the Celtic tradition
- a note for Charles Wright
- a triad for lovers
- love letters from the universe
- Indra's Net, the 10,000 things & neonicotinoids
- fossils, from tales of wonder
- leaf sutra
- tabula rasa
- ▼ January (22)